Best hotel to stay at Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) District One

Mar 2023. This my 2nd trip to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). I love Viet food & the people. I love the country running along the coast. I love the short flight duration that don't burn my butt. 

There are hotels every few steps (sorry if I exaggerated) at district one. For me, I look for good location, value for money, and comfortable hotel. I am one who only can feel comfortable when it's neat and clean. Are you similar? Then you found the correct one for recommendation. 


M Village The Cosmo

Standard Room (SGD 40). The way in was away from the street, unlike other hotels. You have
to use room key to open main lobby door. No reception to greet you very time you walk in and out. Only when you are lucky. My check-in was handled by a friendly young lady. When I was there, coincidently the housekeeping lady was cleaning at the door. So she opened and called for assistance for me.


This hotel may not be suitable for some with climbing difficulty, as you need to climb up to the
hotel lobby. 


There was no television in this room. The fridge was huge. I liked the design of a desk at the bed-front.
You need to have an adapter for your 3-pins power plug. Can get at shop for VND50000.


The bathroom was able to squeeze in a bathtub. Some may not like the idea of bathing inside the tub, especially for the elderly. 


As usual, items are all chargeable.




Edoya Hotel Dong Khoi

Deluxe room. Pay at hotel. VND 1,200,000 (SGD 68). The hotel building so "slim", so I think not many rooms. 


The only thing I could think of for this room to improve was to have a long (body) mirror. 
There was a Smart television above a useful long desk. It's more spacious than Cosmo. The bed was more comfortable. The only better Cosmo have been price & bathtub (if needed).


Their towels smell great. And the bathroom looked and felt bigger than Cosmo.


This room provided two & three pins power point (so attentive)



Edoya and Cosmo hotel located very near to the ferry terminal (Greenline), which I took to Vung Tau.



Below are some of the luxury hotels listed in above map, which were walking distance away.

Riverside Hotel
(Facing Ferry terminal and main heavy traffic road)


Park Hyatt Hotel 
(beside Vincom Center Shopping mall)

Hotel Continental 
(beside Vincom Center Shopping mall)

Hotel Palace Saigon
(Facing busy promenade with frequent events at night)


This promenade was busy and crowded at night. As a tourist, I walked pass here every night.


Royal Hotel Saigon
(Facing busy promenade with frequent events at night)


Rex Hotel
(Beside roundabout & Music fountain)


Sheraton Saigon Hotel & tower
(One of the many reviews 5* Stars hotel)


SkyGem Hotel Sora 
(Many Japanese restaurants nearby. Red light district. Golden Spa)




You may also want check this:



No comments:

Post a Comment